Bank Holidays In May 2023 Complete List
Bank Holidays in May 2023 : Bank Holidays May 2023: In May 2023, Indian banks will be closed for 12 days. The second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays will be among the 12 bank holidays in May 2023. Banks are closed on all public holidays, with various regional holidays depending on the specific state, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations.
Each state or region has its own set of holidays with national holidays, which can differ from one state to the next. For instance, holidays may be observed in some states in honour of significant cultural occasions or local festivals.
The Three Types Of Bank Holidays In May 2023
- Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act.
- Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday.
- Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
Customers of banks should plan early for their visits by being aware of the bank holidays in May 2023. The first and third Saturdays of every month are when banks are open, whereas the second and fourth Saturdays are when bankers take their holidays.
Customers are requested to schedule their banking activities according to the fact that banks are often closed on these holidays.
However, some financial institutions might open specific branches on certain holidays for urgent transactions, like foreign exchange services.
Full List Of Bank Holidays In May 2023
- May 1, 2023 (Monday) : May Day, Maharashtra Day
- May 5, 2023 (Friday) : Buddha Purnima – All States Mentioned Here :- Delhi, Haryana, Maharashtra, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh.
- May 7, 2023 : Sunday
- May 9, 2023 (Tuesday) : Rabindranath Tagore’s birthday
- May 13, 2023 : Second Saturday
- May 14, 2023 : Sunday
- May 16, 2023 (Tuesday) : State Day – Sikkim
- May 21, 2023 : Sunday
- May 22, 2023 (Monday) : Maharana Pratap Jayanti – Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan
- May 24, 2023 (Wednesday) : Kazi Nazrul Islam Jayanti – Tripura
- May 27, 2023 : Fourth Saturday
- May 28, 2023 : Sunday
Bank-related tasks, such as ATM services, cash-deposit machines, online and mobile banking, won’t cause any issues for bank customers.
If You want to know daily business and finance updates check our website www.financevala.in